Top 10 Signs A Cat Is Subbing For Santa:
10) Telltale bits of catnip on the fake beard.
9) Real whiskers above fake beard oddly long and skimpy.
8) All furniture given at Christmas mysteriously labeled "Scratching Post."
7) More frequent litter box changes blamed on reindeer.
6) Elves making only cat toys.
5) All dogs receive empty stockings marked "Naughty, naughty, naughty."
4) Reindeer renamed after favorite cat food brands.
3) Cat door added to chimney.
2) Milk left for Santa is gone, but cookies are left behind with form letter requesting tuna next year.
And the #1 sign a cat is subbing for Santa:
1) After the presents are all delivered, Santa HAS to play in the empty bag.
- Cindy Morgan (SinbadsMom), 2003
I've also posted this in a topic at Lighthouse Beacon.